Not A Prisoner - Play By Post RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Not A Prisoner - Play By Post RPG

Not A Prisoner: a Play By Post Roleplaying Game Forum. Creativity and imagination are at home here.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Silver Mu Season 6
Heresy OOC EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:10 am by Adrian006

» Sora's Various Works
Heresy OOC EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm by Cuchulain

» Forever Blowing Bubbles
Heresy OOC EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm by Cuchulain

» Hello and Greetings!
Heresy OOC EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 pm by Cuchulain

» Forum Games: Rhyming!
Heresy OOC EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:43 am by Chaos662545

» Newest Member Here.
Heresy OOC EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 am by Kyprioth

» Points and Reputation
Heresy OOC EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:05 am by Sora

» 8-Bit Water Pipe!
Heresy OOC EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:20 pm by Sora

» RAP Inquiry: What Kind of Gamer are You?
Heresy OOC EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm by Kyprioth

Chatroom
Join the Chat!
Navbar

Heresy OOC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LunarMoon
LunarMoon

Heresy OOC Empty
PostSubject: Heresy OOC   Heresy OOC EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:41 am

Okay, I think I'm doing this right, but correct me if I'm wrong.

This is the Out-of-Character thread for "Heresy", a story that I've been working on for a while now. It started as an interactive story on a old blog of mine, and now I thought I'd try and bring it here for a more complex development.

What is a 'heresy'?

Quote :
Heresy is an introduced change to some system of belief, especially a religion, that conflicts with the previously established canon of that belief.

The study of heresy is heresiology. The founder or leader of a heretical movement is called a heresiarch. One who espouses heresy is called a heretic.

In this roleplay, we are all heresiarchs. We are basically men and women gathered in a room discussing and coming up with our own "religion" or system of belief, or even a "discipline" (if you prefer to call it that). The point of the roleplay is simply comparing each other's philosophies through a story. You don't have to express what you truley believe, but remember, its easier that way, than it is to BS something.

For the most part, this will mainly be a dialogue-based story. You can go into monologues as entire posts, or drap out your characters deep thoughts and prepare a response. You don't have to go into detail about the room, as I'll take care of that when I open he In-Character thread. Basically, you are all like old people that have nothing better to do. XD

Hope this gets some interest.

Heresy :: NaP Edition
Back to top Go down
rouge47

Heresy OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heresy OOC   Heresy OOC EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

Well you know I'm in. I just haven't had the time lately to focus on the other version. I think I'll try my hand at it here to show my support.

I have a feeling that we basically about to re-write Plato's The Republic. Razz
Back to top Go down
RandomPersona
Admin
Admin
RandomPersona

Heresy OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heresy OOC   Heresy OOC EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:07 am

I can't say I'm interested enough to join, but I /will/ shove this in the face of the people on the chat... who aren't getting on here to check stuff anymore. -.-' Anyways, I hope I can get you a few more people. ^^'''
Back to top Go down
Chaos662545
Admin
Admin
Chaos662545

Heresy OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heresy OOC   Heresy OOC EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Um... Listen, I am not against the subject, but religionous talk usually ends up in flaming. I will keep this open for now, but if anyone complains about this, I'm gonna have to shut the RP down.

Not that I want to.

EDIT: I just saw the IC and... Are you deliberately avoiding character sheets or did you forget about it? Anyway, I think that everyone should at least post their characters' names to avoid confusion. Again, just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
https://notaprisoner.rpg-board.net
LunarMoon
LunarMoon

Heresy OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heresy OOC   Heresy OOC EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Don't worry, I've done an RP like this before so I know how to go about it without causing that kind of drama. And, yes, I'm avoiding the use of profiles. You are to introduce your character and explain them in novel form in the IC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heresy OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heresy OOC   Heresy OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Heresy OOC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Not A Prisoner - Play By Post RPG :: Active Rp Related :: Roleplay Out Of Character-
Jump to: